“Draw the art you want to see, start the business you want to run, play the music you want to hear, write the books you want to read, build the products you want to use – do the work you want to see done.” - Austin Kleon
Today TMO talks with Grant Trahant founder of causeartist.com which spotlights brands, individuals, and organizations changing the world through social impact investing, social business models and social good technology. Grant is also a musician who donates the proceeds from sales and streaming royalties to social impact projects around the world.
“There is something burning inside of me that it just takes me to what I am doing. I have always really followed that intuition. I don’t really think that it can be explained but if there is something you feel passionate about, you don’t really have a choice. It sort of consumes you and then you have to do it.” - Grant Trahant
In this episode, Grant describes his journey at CauseArtist, the ups and downs and the knowledge he gained over the years.
• What is social entrepreneurship and social enterprise concept and how it impacts the world
• What is sustainability model and how is it being misused by some large enterprises
• Example of Social Entrepreneurship: LSTN Headphones- offering high quality headphones made from Bamboo wood. Their collaboration with Starkey foundation to contribute towards giving hearing back to a child or adult in need [11:00]
• Social Entrepreneurship trend in UK and comparison with US states [15:00]
• Lawmaking for Benefit corporations in US and what does it mean to be a Benefit corporation [17:00]
• Inspiration for coming up with the name “CauseArtist” [18:30]
• What type of content has more chances of getting shared [20:00]
• Importance of design and graphics in the success of a website [23:30]
• Grant’s opinion on how a shift in mindset can bring a huge social impact in lives of people around the world [28:00]
• Passion for music and how it led to grntwish.com [32:00]
• A sneak peek into Grant’s music, “Broken Dream” song by GRANT WISH [53:00]
• IMPULSE [53:10]
• GETTING PERSONAL [42:00]
• Guest - “What Good Shall You Do Today?” [53:20]
• Visit www.CauseArtist.com and www.Grntwish.com to learn more about Grant Trahant and Social Entrepreneurship and how to make a social impact in the world.
WhatGood is the show that explores the intersection of money, meaning and making a difference. We talk with high impact entrepreneurs, investors, creatives, educators, artists, community leaders and everyday changemakers like you and me. Frank, terse and to the point, the show is chock full of useful and actionable info you can use to make your mark on the world. We might cry, we will definitely laugh and hopefully there won’t be any blood! Discussions range from personal development to solving the world's biggest problems. Topical breadth includes impact investing, social entrepreneurship, business unusual, tech, art, philanthropy, investing, conservation, the environment, social justice, emotions, happiness, purpose and more.
WhatGood is brought to you by The Bureau of Impact. The Bureau of Impact creates, sources and manages caused based investments. Why donate when you can invest instead? The Bureau helps any size investor to invest along side high net worth individuals, family offices, foundations and pension funds in triple bottomline investments. Investments range from income producing “green” real estate to wind and solar energy infrastructure to investments in conservation, wildlife habitat and water quality to consumer debt and public art. Learn more at www.bureauofimpact.com or chat them up on twitter and instagram @bureauofimpact